The Galveston Children’s Museum is located on the ground level of the Moody Mansion, at 2618 Broadway St. Buses may drop off at the gate on 27th Street and park on 27th Street or Sealy Avenue.
The museum is open Tuesday-Saturday from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
A special rate of $5.00 per child is available for groups of 20 or more children with a prior reservation for day and time. Two accompanying staff and volunteers per every 10 children are admitted for free. Arrangements for Museum visits outside the normal Museum operating hours must be made with the Executive Director.
- Per fire safety regulations, the maximum number of people allowed in the museum at one time is 125. Students, teachers, and chaperones may not exceed 125.
- When you arrive, your group will be given a brief orientation to the museum and an explanation of the available exhibits that day.
- Your group will explore our hands-on museum for up to 2 hours.
- A Museum guide will be with your group during your entire visit.
- Please ensure that all children in your group are well. We ask that you do not bring a sick child to the Museum. The Museum staff reserves the right to ask any visitor who is sick to leave the museum.
- Currently, we do not have a bilingual guide. Bilingual teachers should be prepared to assist your Museum guide with translation for your class as needed.
- Share things your class is learning
- Ensure that children do not leave the exhibit areas
- Work on activity challenges with students
- Take children to restrooms
- Chaperones who bring along another dependent will not be considered a primary chaperone and will not be included in the free admission.
- An outdoor picnic area is available for lunch.
NextPlan A Party